Forum Title: Quiet Rock 545
Any of you other lucky dogs worked with this stuff? Yikes! I'm doing some soundproofing for a previous client who was unhappy with the Green Glue/2nd layer of 5/8. I priced out rubber clips and the Quiet Rock, and on the QR bid I added in a Festool TS-75, a track, a spark arrestor for my vacuum, and a steel cutting blade (total for the tools alone was $1255). The kicker is that the units are finished, and there is no way to get rock up to the second story(where all of the sheets need to go) other than a boom truck , so I need to cut the sheets in the finished units (hence the vacuum and special saw). In the end, for 4 units, the QR and the clip application were almost identical.....including the tools, and my 45% discount on an overstock of the QR. This stuff is a beast......208 lbs. per sheet, 1 layer of 1/4 rock, 1 layer of 1/16th steel, 2 more layers of 1/4 rock, 1 layer of 1/4 HardieBoard and a final layer of 1/4 rock. Holy moses....it's heavy, and a beast to cut. It took me damn near an hour to cut and hang one sheet (rip it to width, cut out the outlet with a drill bit and then a jigsaw, and notch for the existing trim). I had to use 3 screws because we are laminating over existing 5/8....but I'll tell you what......tap on the existing wall, and then on the Quiet Rock, it's night and day. Seems like it's going to do the trick, if it doesn't kill me first. I only hung one as a test drive today, Wednesday I'll finish the hanging.........or it'll finish me.
Category: Drywall Post By: SUZANNE WELCH (Hartford, CT), 03/09/2018

Home Repair Tips & Assistance For Homeowners

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527